Sunday, January 8, 2012

ESLER Blog

Choose 2 ESLER’S that you believe you have met throughout your senior project.

-          Throughout my senior project I think that the 2 ESLER’S I have best met are being a good lifelong learner as well as communicator.

Effective Learner: Throughout my senior project even before I decided to change my senior topic Ms. Melogno has continuously told me to get better research were authors of that work are clear and those publishing the works have clear credibility in their work and I feel that my quality in research has definitely improved as my work has continued throughout the year.

Effective Communicator: After changing my senior topic I had to then go into the medical field and find an establishment that would allow me to do my service learning. Being that it was so late in the game I was told that I wouldn’t be able to get service learning until January, and then come January the establishments that had once said they would allow me to volunteer there did not. I was forced to show continuous interest in calling continuously, showing up at establishments to talk one on one and show volunteer coordinators that I was serious in my endeavor to find a place to volunteer. Doing all this I do believe shows that I am an effective communicator and through it I now have a hospital that has recently allowed me to volunteer there as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment