Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog #3: Senior Project Presentation 1


5 Minute Presentation Rough Draft

Lesson: Identifying different types of Vehicles

Objective: The students will learn to tell the difference between the types of vehicles that there are, including 18 wheelers, ATV’s, Convertibles, Compacts, Sports Cars, Race cars. 

Procedure:
1. I will start the lesson out with asking the students to name as many different types of vehicles as they can, and whether or not they know the difference between them. 
2. I will then go into my specific lesson, which is to give them the ability to not only be able to visually see the difference in the types of vehicles but know the mechanical differences.
3. I will then use my poster boards to show the main difference between the 7 main types of vehicles named in the above objective. The posters will have both photos and text that gives the basic description of that vehicle type.
4.  After explaining each vehicle and description I will then check whether or not the students understood, by asking them to name differences between certain vehicles, calling on students randomly.
5. I will then explain how this over all idea ties into the over all concept of my senior topic.
6. I will then conclude my presentation by asking if there are any further questions.

Check for UnderstandingTo check for understanding I will have pictures of vehicles that correspond with the types of vehicles that I explained and I will have students identify what type of vehicle it is, and the difference of that one vehicle and the others.

Resources/Materials:
In order to strengthen my lesson, I plan on using poster boards, as well as the separate pictures that will be used to check for understanding.


Evidence of L.I.A

Literal: With the research that I have collected I have learned that there is difference in types of vehicles, which causes the difference in the type of engine that is put into that vehicle. Different vehicles require different maintenance.
Interpretive: In order to connect to the students I intend to tie into the fact that sooner or later if not already we will all be driving. Being able to tell the difference in the type of vehicle you are buying as well as the type of maintenance vehicles require so you can either perform it yourself or know what needs to be done and not get swindled by mechanics. Having that mentality I think will allow the students to have a better understanding of this lesson.
Applied: This specific topic helps in the over all goal of my senior project because it is a fundamental that leads to the 1st step in knowing how to properly maintenance your own vehicle. Being that my topic surrounds becoming successful automotive technician, this is a vital step. 

2 comments:

  1. Not Approved.

    The topic is rather simplistic: I am sure most students can identify the difference between a sports car and an ATV before they come into the classroom.

    Why don't you talk about something that students may not have knowledge about, such as how rubber is vulcanized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new lesson will now surroud the vulcanization of rubber, and the way it is created, different types of rubber. As well as the thickness and quality of different rubbers.

    ReplyDelete